Home 

MYOB Users pressure MYOB Technology Pty to postphone their decision to cancel datafile reconfirmations!

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   Next >  Last >> 
  • 07 Dec 2011 7:20 PM
    Message # 768375
    Mark Hill (Administrator)
    Jennifer, Gill and I are delighted to relay the decision that the reconfirmation cancellation that was threatened has now been postphoned.  Clearly public pressure has finally (after three years) worked.  It is a real pity that the campaign has taken this long.  What a lot of effort we have had to collectively waste dealing with the threat that MYOB put all our small businesses under. 

The implications of the announcement by MYOB Technology are still sinking in.  One is that we are going to have to ask our members what they want us to do.  Clearly the agenda is in your hands as members.  If we continue with our plan to issue confirmation codes then we will do that.  We will act as a guarantee that your datafiles will work - to the best of our ability we will

We have publicised the news in PCPro and in the Australian press already.  The PC Pro story has been subject to reaction from Mamut.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/enterprise/371635/myob-software-dodges-year-end-deactivation

Fuller announcements will follow when we have had time to compare notes with the usergroup's professional partners and legal advisors. 

In the meantime....your thoughts.  What we should conclude from this period of uncertainty.  What we should do as a usergroup now.

Mark, Jennifer, Gill.
    Last modified: 08 Dec 2011 9:27 AM | Mark Hill (Administrator)
  • 08 Dec 2011 7:49 AM
    Reply # 768925 on 768375
    Please continue! How do we know we can trust them?  The past showed we can't.
    Let's make our decision not dependent on what they say, maybe in the future based on what they do!
    But for now continue!

• 08 Dec 2011 7:53 AM
    Reply # 768931 on 768375
    I prefer to put here my money than with Mamut!
    Cheers!
  • 08 Dec 2011 8:40 AM
    Reply # 768978 on 768375
    Please continue to keep up the good work. The decision by Mamut/MYOB to delay switching off the servers is largely due to your efforts. We need the MYOB User Group to remain in place in order to keep putting pressure on Mamut/MYOB and also to provide the technical support that is no longer available from them. That alone is well worth £35 per year!  Best wishes - Anthony
  • 08 Dec 2011 9:40 AM
    Reply # 768990 on 768375
    Deleted user
    I absolutely agree with the other posters. I don't feel Mamut can be trusted and fully expect they will "sunset" the software in the not too distant future. As they have stated  "...this function will continue to allow users more time to make transition arrangements to alternative software".
    I suspect this is an attempt to undermine the great work of the MYOB User Group
    Please keep up the good work.

• 08 Dec 2011 9:51 AM
    Reply # 768999 on 768375
    Deleted user
    Mark Hill wrote:Jennifer, Gill and I are delighted to relay the decision that the reconfirmation cancellation that was threatened has now been postphoned.  Clearly public pressure has finally (after three years) worked.  It is a real pity that the campaign has taken this long.  What a lot of effort we have had to collectively waste dealing with the threat that MYOB put all our small businesses under. 

The implications of the announcement by MYOB Technology are still sinking in.  One is that we are going to have to ask our members what they want us to do.  Clearly the agenda is in your hands as members.  If we continue with our plan to issue confirmation codes then we will do that.  We will act as a guarantee that your datafiles will work - to the best of our ability we will

We have publicised the news in PCPro and in the Australian press already.  The PC Pro story has been subject to reaction from Mamut.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/enterprise/371635/myob-software-dodges-year-end-deactivation

Fuller announcements will follow when we have had time to compare notes with the usergroup's professional partners and legal advisors. 

In the meantime....your thoughts.  What we should conclude from this period of uncertainty.  What we should do as a usergroup now.

Mark, Jennifer, Gill.

I agree that you should continue with your work, £35 is well worth paying for some additional security if things change again.

I am only sorry that we invested so heavily in a new Mamut system that we decided simply did not operate correctly for our business and therefore reverted to MYOB. This at least takes the pressure off a little in finding the correct solution.

Thanks again for your efforts.

• 08 Dec 2011 9:57 AM
    Reply # 769001 on 768375
    Deleted user
    Would tend to agree. I don't trust them. Keep going.
    Last modified: 08 Dec 2011 9:58 AM | Deleted user
  • 08 Dec 2011 10:06 AM
    Reply # 769004 on 768375
    I noticed the announcement yesterday, but failed to get the online confirmation to work, and as of today still not functioning as I get an unable to connect 'Error -1' message.

Not sure if they need a day or two to set it back up, anyone else tried the auto confirmation since the announcement?
  • 08 Dec 2011 10:23 AM
    Reply # 769006 on 768375
    I have to agree, keep up the good work, £35 a year is a small price to pay for peace of mind & support.
    MYOB/Mamut have shown their true colours, and I for one do not trust them at all.
    Graham.
  • 08 Dec 2011 10:39 AM
    Reply # 769007 on 768375
    Perhaps being a tad more cynical than other posters I see this eleventh hour U-turn by Mamut as a direct response to this user group.
    I would imagine that they hope as a result, the user group will disintegrate and then, when no further solution to continued use of our software exists, they will resort again to turning off the server.
    If they were genuine, they could simply issue a software patch that obviates the need for confirmation code authorisation at all
    Chris
    Last modified: 11 Dec 2011 2:14 PM | Christine Nicholson
<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   Next >  Last >> 
© MYOB Users Ltd