Home 

MYOB Users pressure MYOB Technology Pty to postphone their decision to cancel datafile reconfirmations!

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   Next >  Last >> 
  • 12 Dec 2011 2:07 PM
    Reply # 771682 on 768375

Mark, please continue!

However, for us members it is easy to say, please continue, but what if Mamut is taking legal action? 
    In that case, I think we all members should support Mark and carry the burden together!  

Thank you, Udo, for this.  I totally agree and will put my "little all" on line to fight this if it comes to that.

Any others of the usergroup prepared to fight if necessary?

• 19 Dec 2011 11:15 AM
    Reply # 777045 on 768375
    Deleted user

Although I hadn't previously joined in this thread I just want to let you know how relieved I was the day I stumbled across the MYOB Usergroup.

I was literally at my wits end. I had looked at Mamut- didn't like it. Had bought Sage - hated it. Mamut had been contacting me for months, by phone and e-mail - trying to persuade me to migrate to them. On 22nd November, just hours before I discovered the Usergroup, in desperation, I  e-mailed them asking for up to date info re migrating. Strangely, I didn't get a reply and haven't heard from them since, thank goodness.

Please carry on with the work - I definately need you.The best £35 ever spent!!

• 19 Dec 2011 12:16 PM
    Reply # 777070 on 768375

I agree with the other posts. Please keep going as I am sure they will eventually switch server off.

Keep up the good work.

Emma

• 21 Dec 2011 11:31 AM
    Reply # 778648 on 768375
    I ditto everything that has been said.  Please keep up the good work.  I like most people suspect that the delay in switching off the servers is solely for their own benefit, to give themselves more time to try and persuade more Myob users to migrate to Mamut.  They have not given any indication of how long they are postponing the switch off for and I imagine once they realise that Myob users generally will not be persuaded to buy their inferior software they will switch the servers off without any further notice....  I'm not going to trust the online confirmation and will rely on the great work of the Myob Users Group to keep my systems working.  Thanks.
  • 22 Dec 2011 10:07 AM
    Reply # 779344 on 768375
    Deleted user

This MYOB user forum has my wholehearted support. Mark and his colleagues have achieved much and have provided a lifeline to the potentially thousands of MYOB (Mamut) customers facing potentially serious disruption to their business operations.

By Mamut's own admission there were (and may still be) many companies unaware of the planned switch-off of the MYOB software. It is possible that Mamut could face significant claims for compensation for disruption to businesses affected by the outcome of the confidential agreement associated with their acquisition of MYOB UK.

The increasing pressure applied to Mamut by angry MYOB customers has progressively revealed much about the Mamut company strategy which makes no provision in the long term for any accounting software to be supplied by them without an annually charged support plan. The MYOB perpetual licence is clearly anathema to the Mamut commercial approach.

The indefinite delay to the switch-off recently announced by Mamut does not really change anything. Without a clear statement of intent by Mamut and MYOB Australia, MYOB users continue to be left in 'limbo'.

Last modified: 23 Dec 2011 10:13 AM | Mark Hill (Administrator)
  • 30 Dec 2011 1:45 PM
    Reply # 783960 on 768375
    And just one more thing, before we get too worried about any possible legal action, let's not forget that we all bought this software. If anyone should be worried about legal action it should be Mamut for threatening to withdraw functionality without offering a full refund. And the good news is, now there's a MYOB users group we have strength of numbers behind us if there are any potential problems.
    Happy New Year
    Chris
  • 05 Mar 2012 4:05 PM
    Reply # 848090 on 768375
    Lynn Robson
    My God, I'm glad I found this group.
    I have an activation notification already which won't let me do an online or phone activation. Both the server and the telephone number are not found so I have 11 days left to do something about it or become read only which will delight HMRC when I fail to submit my returns.
    Having a little knowledge of the security installed within programmes such as this, I know there's always a crack of one sort or another that would permanently disable any further need for verification.
    I know that even getting a quarterly code is a part of the same process so a step beyond that is more than possible.
    MYOB has always been very successful in stopping on-line piracy of the software though so it's a very secure bit of programming but nothing's insurmountable. I mean Microsoft has more pirated copies of Windows 7 on computers than it sold of the Vista software so if Bill gates can't prevent it then MYOB is a mere thorn in the side of the software crackers developers.
    On the legal aspect, as far as I'm concerned we could take the bull by the horns and take direct legal action against MYOB who's software we bought. Mamut's place in this is neither here nor there. Our purchase was directly with MYOB.
    Of course being in Australia would complicate things a little but hey...
    Let's kick arse

• 10 Mar 2012 11:34 AM
    Reply # 853333 on 768375
    I echo the sentiments of everyone above. The MYOB user group is a godsend, I joined within 15 minutes of finding it.

All of the software engineers and consultants, plus one or two lawyers, I speak to are amazed by the attempts by MYOB/Mamut to knobble our datafiles and that is clearly at odds with the license that we purchased the software with.

I would like to thank Mark and all the others who have worked so hard on behalf of the organisation and would be well up for a nice high publicity meeting to celebrate our 300 hundredth refuguee.
  • 14 Mar 2012 11:46 AM
    Reply # 858539 on 768375
    Deleted user

I am puzzled why Mamut now seem to be sending out mixed messages to MYOB users. What is the commercial motivation behind their decision to provide free downloads of extant versions of MYOB accounting software?

Mamut's reputation has been tarnished worldwide as a consequence of their abominable treatment of small businesses (their customers!) that use MYOB accounting products. So why now do they appear to be making a noble gesture?

Is it by way of an attempt to say 'sorry, we got it wrong, and now want to restore faith in our company'? Were they fearful of legal claims for damages and even more bad publicity that could have occurred as a consequence of the disruption to the operations of many companies and individuals whose MYOB software would have been deactivated? Or is there another motive?

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   Next >  Last >> 
© MYOB Users Ltd