Home 

Experiences of the Mamut sales techniques

<< First  < Prev   1   2   Next >  Last >> 
  • 26 Mar 2012 1:45 PM
    Reply # 868495 on 770067
    Deleted user
    I'm not sure how that can be right. When partners register their copies of MYOB they sign-up to exactly the same license agreement as everyone else don't they? I would ask Mamut to explain at what point we agreed to anything different.
  • 28 Mar 2012 1:04 PM
    Reply # 870535 on 770067
    Deleted user

Now I have had a 'Notice of Debt Collection' for their invoice for Mamut Office Bureau Renewal Fee, which I dont use !! Having been told by them I have only licenced the MYOB program and I have not been able to get any further than that with them - they say I have to pay as I am still using MYOB ! What now !

• 28 Mar 2012 2:47 PM
    Reply # 870584 on 770067
    Deleted user

Mamut have just phoned me and I have a resolution to my problem.

She reiterated that as a member of the Professional Partner Programme I never actually 'owned' my MYOB software, which I had not understood. She said it was 'Referenced' software and the money I paid each year was for a 'Rolling Contract' with MYOB which then became Mamut - though I chose to only carry on using MYOB. She explained that as part of the Professional Partnership programme if I had not paid this outstanding invoice my Serial number would have been deactivated and my MYOB program would stop working.

However, there was a way out, she explained. She will switch over my membership with Mamut [ex MYOB] to being an 'End User' and as such I will be deemed to own my MYOB software. A credit note will be issued to me for the continuation of the 'Rolling Contract'.

She confirmed that Mamut will continue to supply Confirmation codes to 'End Users' [including now myself] until such time as Australia decided to discontinue their server for this, which she didnt know if or when this would be.

• 29 Mar 2012 11:27 AM
    Reply # 871555 on 870584
    Deleted user
    Anne Clayton wrote:

Mamut have just phoned me and I have a resolution to my problem.

She reiterated that as a member of the Professional Partner Programme I never actually 'owned' my MYOB software, which I had not understood. She said it was 'Referenced' software and the money I paid each year was for a 'Rolling Contract' with MYOB which then became Mamut - though I chose to only carry on using MYOB. She explained that as part of the Professional Partnership programme if I had not paid this outstanding invoice my Serial number would have been deactivated and my MYOB program would stop working.

However, there was a way out, she explained. She will switch over my membership with Mamut [ex MYOB] to being an 'End User' and as such I will be deemed to own my MYOB software. A credit note will be issued to me for the continuation of the 'Rolling Contract'.

She confirmed that Mamut will continue to supply Confirmation codes to 'End Users' [including now myself] until such time as Australia decided to discontinue their server for this, which she didnt know if or when this would be.

We, the consultants, need to raise both the (supposed) issue itself and the way it's been handled with the Mamut management. 
  • 31 Mar 2012 3:13 AM
    Reply # 872955 on 770067
    Mark Hill (Administrator)

Anne was using version 18.  I think that the licence on this is pretty clear and is reproduced on the MYOBUsergroup website under 'Members Only'.  There should have been no rental for version 18... it was not even Mamut's program to rent.  Therefore there is a real (not 'supposed') issue of misselling here.

What Mamut felt it was renting was membership of its Professional Program.  As a past professional partner of Mamut I only wish I could say that it had represented sensible value for money. 

I reiterate my previous call.  I would be grateful for the support of those of you that are members of the Federation of Small Businesses.  I would like you to retaliate against the advertising Mamut is placing in the FSB magazines, with complaints and counter articles. 

The FSB is regionally based.  I have ensured that an article has been placed into my local region's magazine (Yorkshire).  Any members that would like to submit a similar article to their regional officer ... please email info@myobusergroup.co.uk for a draft.

• 26 Apr 2012 1:02 PM
    Reply # 902622 on 770067

I am currently in negotiation with Mamut to purchase 3 additional user licences for MYOB 2008 (version 17) for which I will be charged £199 per licence.  I am told that they have to revert to MYOB Australia to find out if I can have these licences.  For me, it's a small price to pay for having the facility to expand to more users after shut off date with the user group supplying the verification codes from then on.

I did, of course, try to get a reduction in cost as £600 is a heck of a lot of money for not very much (no support, no updates and no guarantee of continuation) but "no dice".

I was also asked to verify by EMail that I understood what I was buying - i.e. licences for an unsuported system which might be switched off at a moment's notice.  Doubtless my agreement to this, frankly bizzare, request will have rung alarm bells that I am a member of the user group and have no intention of throwing away £600 for the privilage of using the system for a few weeks or months.

It is therefore not unlikely that they will come up with some reason I can not buy my extra licences!

I would like to check, please, that if I do get my 3 extras (making a five user licence) that the user group will be able to supply verification codes when judgement day arrives?!

Amba Hall - Medical Flightline Ltd

• 03 May 2012 11:53 PM
    Reply # 911181 on 770067
    Amba,

yes, you can be sure that we will be able to confirm the larger number.  But you left your story before the final episode .... please tell us - Did you manage to get the extra licences finally installed?
  • 07 May 2012 11:43 AM
    Reply # 913534 on 770067

Hi Mark - not yet!

I had a 'phone call from a Mamut representative saying that he had to apply to Australia for permission to issue extra licences or some such nonsense.  I am quite sure he/they are checking on user group members but maybe I am just being cynical!

I have chased the guy again today.  Will keep you posted.

Thanks

Amba

• 08 May 2012 10:06 AM
    Reply # 914595 on 770067

This is the latest from Mamut regarding extra MYOB licences.....

Dear Amba.

Thank you for the email.

Unfortunately we are having problems again accessing the MYOB owned server to add extra licences. As soon as this is resolved I will contact you.

I apologise for the delay.

Many thanks

• 15 Jun 2012 6:56 PM
    Reply # 973451 on 770067
    Amba,
    have you any more news... are the Mamut staff being more helpful now?
    Alternatively can you live with the limit on licences?
    If you wish there are some other ways we could get you multiple accesses.
    Mark
<< First  < Prev   1   2   Next >  Last >> 
© MYOB Users Ltd